E-Flite 70mm Habu EDF STS Twin Blade RTF Jet Plane w/ Smart Technology
YOU CAN FLY A JET!
Nearly everyone who sees a radio controlled (RC) jet tear across the sky has the same reaction: "I want to fly one of those!" But because of their speed and handling challenges, RC jets have been almost impossible for first-time or low-time RC pilots to fly successfully — until now. Thanks to the E-flite® Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE®) 70mm EDF jet, you can actually learn to fly RC airplanes successfully with a jet! The Habu STS 70mm EDF is based on the legendary Habu, one of the best high-performance Electric Ducted Fan (EDF) sport jet platforms ever created. E-flite® engineers optimized the design to improve its low-speed handling and slow speed performance and added options for taking advantage of exclusive Spektrum™ SAFE® flight assistance technology. As a result, the Habu STS 70mm EDF is the easiest to fly RC jet EVER, and the perfect choice to satisfy any RC pilot's desire to fly a jet!
Engineered for improved low speed handling and performance to make flying and landings easier, the E-flite® Habu STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE®) 70mm EDF makes it possible to succeed in learning to fly with a jet as your first ever radio controlled (RC) airplane! Based on one of the best Electric Ducted Fan (EDF) sport jets ever designed, it's been optimized with the addition of SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology featuring Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes to make it easy to fly successfully, especially with the help of an instructor. Wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel and oversized tires allows for takeoffs and landings on surfaces ranging from paved runways to grass and even dirt, plus you can install the optional Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) that automatically "flares" for smoother landings to make learning to land even easier! Best of all, the durable EPO airframe assembles quickly and easily without the need for glue or special tools — which means you can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery.
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version includes everything needed to fly in one box except for a battery and charger. This allows you to choose a convenient and money-saving Spektrum™ Powerstage™ bundle or the separate battery and charger you prefer! The powerful brushless power system including a telemetry-capable ESC and the servos are all factory-installed. Plus the included Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz transmitter can be used with other Bind-N-Fly® (BNF) and BNF Basic aircraft after you learn to fly the Habu STS successfully!
And the fun doesn't stop after you learn how to fly! In the Experienced Mode, the Habu STS 70mm EDF is capable of performing aerobatic maneuvers including loops, rolls, inverted (upside down) flight and more. You can use a 3S 3200mAh to 4000mAh battery for an excellent balance of power and flight time, or you can install a compatible 4S battery for more speed and thrust without the need for any modifications or upgrades!
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version includes a Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything else you need to fly except for a rechargeable lithium polymer battery and charger for the airplane. The convenient and money-saving Spektrum™ Powerstage 3 bundle (SPMXPSA300) includes a compatible 3S 4000mAh Smart G2 LiPo battery and an S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources. Or you can choose the separate 3S or 4S 3200–4000mAh battery and compatible charger you prefer!
Jets are typically faster and harder to fly than most of their prop-driven counterparts, which made it impossible for first-time, and even low-time, RC pilots to fly them – until now! The unique and optimized airframe design of the Habu STS improves low speed handling and slow speed performance to finally make it possible to learn to fly radio controlled (RC) airplanes successfully with a jet.
The factory-installed brushless power system features a 70-amp telemetry-capable ESC plus a specially-tuned motor and 10-blade 70mm fan that delivers an abundance of thrust with a 3S LiPo battery, or more power and speed with a 4S battery without the need for any modifications or upgrades.
Construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The Habu STS 70mm EDF arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, servos plus the flight controller and receiver installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly, without the use of glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel and oversized tires offers improved ground handling for easier take offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces from paved runways to grass and even dirt.
- Unique and optimized airframe design improves low speed handling and slow speed performance, making it possible to learn to fly radio-controlled (RC) airplanes successfully with a jet
- Based on one of the best first and high-performance EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet platforms ever designed — the legendary Habu
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology that helps prevent crashes and makes it easy to learn how to fly
- Beginner, Intermediate and Experienced flight modes you can easily change between at the flip of a switch
- Panic Recovery mode at the push of a button to prevent loss of control and crashes
- Optional and easy to install Landing Assist Sensor (LAS) available for smoother landings
- Includes almost everything needed to fly except for a compatible LiPo battery and charger (sold separately)
- Use a 3S 3200-4000mAh battery for excellent performance overall, or a 4S battery for more power and speed
- Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control without interference
- Spektrum flight controller and serial receiver with fly-by telemetry capability
- Powerful brushless electric power system with 70mm 10-blade fan
- 3S and 4S compatible 70-amp telemetry-capable ESC
- Five (5) factory-installed servos and linkages
- Oversized tires for operation from a variety of surfaces including grass
- Wide-stance tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel
- Quick and easy assembly — no glue or special tools required
- Lightweight yet strong and durable EPO construction
- Full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® simulator (sold separately)
- Charger Sold Separately
- Receiver Included
- Speed Control Included
- Motor Type Brushless
- LiPo Compatibility 3S
- Completion Level Ready-To-Fly Basic
- Recommended Motor Battery 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 3200–4000mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3™ Connector
- Approximate Assembly Time Less than 1 Hour
- Flaps No
- Material EPO
- Product Weight 46.4oz (1316g) without Battery
- Radio Included
- Technology Smart, AS3X and SAFE
- Battery Sold Separately
- Connector Type IC3
- Motor Size 2847-3200Kv 6-Pole
- Product Length 45" (1143 mm)
- Power Type Electric
- Servos Included
- Skill Level Level 1
- Wingspan 40.51" (1029 mm)
|E-flite® Habu STS 70mm EDF||1|
|Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)||1|
|70A Brushless ESC (installed)||1|
|Sub-Micro Servos (installed)||5|
|Spektrum™ 3230B Flight Controller (installed)||1|
|Spektrum 4650C Serial Receiver (installed)||2|
|Spektrum DXS DSMX® 2.4GHz Transmitter||2|
- 3S 11.1V or 4S 14.8V 3200–4000mAh LiPo Battery with EC3™ or IC3® Connector*
- Compatible LiPo Charger*