E-Flite 1.5m Apprentice STS RTF Basic Aeroplane w/ Safe Technology - Mode 2
The E-flite® Apprentice® STS 1.5m is based on one of the best platforms ever designed for learning to fly radio-controlled (RC) airplanes—the legendary Apprentice S 15e. That model's large size made it an ideal choice for better visibility and the ability to handle more wind while learning to fly at an RC club flying field, and its inherently stable design plus exclusive SAFE® (Sensor Assisted Flight Envelope) technology make it easy to fly successfully—especially with the help of an instructor. The Apprentice STS (Smart Trainer with SAFE) 1.5m is a modern-day evolution of the world's favorite club trainer that includes all the same great features while adding Smart technology compatibility along with the option to add SAFE Plus® GPS-enabled technology and the Landing Assist Sensor (LAS), to make learning to fly easier—and more fun—than ever before!
This Ready-To-Fly (RTF) Basic version includes a Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter equipped with industry-leading DSMX® 2.4GHz technology and everything you need to fly except for a rechargeable lithium-polymer (LiPo) battery and charger for the airplane. The convenient and money-saving Spektrum™ Powerstage 3 bundle (SPMXPSA300) includes a compatible 3S 4000mAh Smart G2 LiPo battery and an S120 USB-C Smart charger that can be used with a variety of USB power sources. Or you can choose the separate 3S 3200—4000mAh battery and compatible charger you prefer!
The Apprentice STS 1.5m is equipped with a telemetry-capable ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data to compatible transmitters. This includes approximate flight battery power remaining via multiple LEDs and audible alerts from the DXS transmitter included with the RTF Basic version. It will also provide motor RPM, current, overall battery voltage, and more to Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, the NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20, and others) while you fly.
Construction with advanced EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's tough enough to handle everyday flying punishment without getting bent out of shape. The wing attaches to the fuselage with rubber bands to twist or "pop" free in the event of a hard landing or crash to minimise damage. And in the unfortunate event you damage any airframe parts or components and can't repair them, a full line of replacement parts is readily available.
The Apprentice STS 1.5m arrives mostly factory-assembled with the power system, flight controller, receiver, and servos installed. All you need to do is finish some quick and easy final assembly without glue or special tools, and you'll be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery!
The wide-stance tricycle landing gear with a steerable nose wheel offers improved ground handling for easier take-offs and landings on a wide variety of surfaces, from paved runways to grass and even dirt.
Turn the Apprentice STS 1.5m into a floatplane with the optional float set (EFLA550; sold separately). Installation takes just a few minutes, and all the necessary hardware is included with the airplane and float set.
The Spektrum Landing Assist Sensor (SPMA3180; sold separately) is easy to install and provides automatic "flare" control to help inexperienced pilots "grease" landings by minimising or eliminating bouncing.
With quick and easy installation of the optional Spektrum GPS Module (SPMA3173; sold separately), you can add next-level autonomous guidance features that make it even easier to learn to fly. With SAFE Plus added, you get:
- AutoLand: AutoLand function stabilises approach to land near GPS initialization point. You can provide directional guidance to avoid obstacles or adjust approach. As skills progress, you can take over more control inputs, eventually landing without assistance
- Holding Pattern: SAFE Plus-exclusive feature allows "pausing" flight by putting airplane into GPS-guided holding pattern. Activated with quick press of button, aircraft returns to position above GPS initialisation point and circles until canceled with another quick press
- Virtual Fence: Virtual Fence creates invisible boundary airplane won't fly past. When plane reaches boundary, it automatically turns around and flies back toward GPS initialization point, then "wags" wings to let you know when you have control again
- The Apprentice S 15e is one of the best platforms for learning to fly RC airplanes, perfect for first-time pilots, experienced pilots, and club training programs
- It is the official trainer of the AMA and many clubs worldwide and is ideal for new pilots learning to fly with an instructor
- Equipped with exclusive SAFE® technology, it has Beginner, Intermediate, and Experienced flight modes, as well as a Panic Recovery mode
- Upgradeable to SAFE Plus GPS-enabled technology for additional features such as AutoLand, Virtual Fence, and Holding Pattern
- Includes almost everything needed to fly except for a compatible LiPo battery and charger
- Comes with a Spektrum™ DXS controller/transmitter with DSMX® 2.4GHz technology for reliable control
- Has a powerful brushless power system, factory-installed servos, flight controller, and serial receiver
- Capable of aerobatic manoeuvres including loops, rolls, and inverted flight
- Has wide-stance tricycle landing gear with steerable nose wheel and is quick and easy to assemble
- Made of durable yet lightweight EPO construction with a full line of replacement/spare parts available
- Optional floats are available for flying from water and you can practice flying this aircraft in the RealFlight® RC flight simulator (sold separately)
- Use a 3S 3200mAh or 3S 4000mAh battery for outstanding performance or longer flight times up to 20—30+ minutes
|E-flite Apprentice STS 1.5m
|Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)
|30A Brushless Telemetry-Capable ESC (installed)
|13g Digital Metal-Geared Servos (installed)
|37g Servo (installed)
|Spektrum™ 3230 Flight Controller (installed)
|Spektrum 4650C Serial Receiver (installed)
|Spektrum DXS 2.4GHz DSMX® Transmitter
|Ready to Fly
|Max LiPo Power: