Castle Creations 2028 800Kv 4-Pole Sensored Brushless Motor & Mamba Monster X Waterproof 8S ESC Combo
Mamba Monster X Waterproof 8S Brushless ESC
With the introduction of the MAMBA MONSTER X 8S, any R/C vehicle weighing up to 25lbs, and running up to 8S LiPo, is fair game. Drive fearlessly and punch that throttle! The MAMBA MONSTER X 8S utilizes Castle’s breakthrough technology CRYO-DRIVE™. By reducing the rate at which the ESC heats up and removing heat more efficiently, your setup will handle higher gear ratios in heavier vehicles with longer runs. These software advancements work parallel with a unique open housing design to allow increased directional airflow to cool critical components. With the integration of a 40mm cooling fan and a forged elliptical fin heatsink, the design maximizes airflow throughout the system, taking thermal performance to a whole new level.
High-performance demands high quality, and this ESC was designed with durability in mind. Constructed around a robust aluminium casing, the epoxy potting guarantees protection around the circuitry and ensures all-weather use. Mamba Monster X 8S is a workhorse. It will dominate in the harshest of environments.
You can easily optimize the ESC for any driving condition, from rugged terrain to smooth pavement to the perils of rock and gravel. Create, save and download setup profiles through the Castle Link Programming Suite on your Windows™ PC, or wirelessly with the convenience of the new B-Link™ Bluetooth™ Adapter and Castle Link app for Android or iOS.
Additional tuning flexibility awaits you with on-the-fly adjustments from your transmitter via the Auxiliary wire. Simply connect the white signal wire to an open radio channel, and enable the feature in Castle Link by selecting what Auxiliary function you would like to use. Access programming parameters such as Torque Control, Max Brake or Rock Race Mode. Optimize your vehicle for any racing or bashing application you can imagine!
When paired with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED MOTOR such as the 2028-800KV or 1515-2200KV, users with heavy, high-speed rigs will experience controllable low-end ranges without sacrificing power, punch or speed. SmartSense™ mode uses the motor’s sensors to start the motor to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is spinning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ultra-efficient sensorless mode. You’ll put more power to the ground, where it should be, instead of wasting it through raw heat and RPMs.
Castle’s newest software technology, CRYO-DRIVE™, minimizes the time the ESC's electrical components spend generating heat by optimally controlling which components are being used while driving the motor. This is happening thousands of times per second, which greatly reduces the rate at which the ESC heats up. This results in significantly improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation, where the majority of driving occurs. Your setup will be able to handle higher gear ratios, in heavier vehicles, with longer runs.
When paired with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT SENSORED MOTOR SmartSense™ software, enabled by default in the Castle Link Programming Suite, it will use the motor’s sensors to provide smooth starts, excellent torque, and low-speed drivability. Once the motor is turning, it seamlessly transitions to Castle’s ULTRA-EFFICIENT sensorless mode with electric timing. Smooth sensored startups and high-efficiency sensorless running make the Mamba Monster X 8S system produce more power and less heat. QUIETSENSE™ is an innovative advancement in the design of sensored motors to deliver the highest precision and most efficient startup.
The Mamba Monster X 8S allows “on-the-fly” adjustments to be made through the AUX wire once enabled in Castle Link. Once you have selected an AUX wire function, that setting can be tuned from your transmitter while driving. Torque control, max throttle, max brake and drag brake adjustments are a sampling of the available modes. This real-time tuning allows you to quickly and easily fine-tune your system. . Click here for additional information.
Enabled by default, the Monster X 8S captures and records performance data from your vehicle. This allows you to view a detailed turn-by-turn record of what your ESC actually experienced during the run. You will be able to record real-time data such as motor RPM, battery current and voltage, ESC and motor temperature, throttle input, and more. Download and analyze the collected data via Castle Link and make adjustments to maximize performance and battery life.
Mamba Monster X 8S is telemetry ready, which means owners of Futaba T4PX or 7PX Transmitters will be able to purchase the Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2. Real-time data such as ESC temperature, voltages, and RPM can be monitored to ensure performance advantages and spare you the “unknown” parameters that all R/C enthusiasts experience at some point. Telemetry data provides another level of protection and can increase performance.
Housed in a rugged CNC-machined aluminium case and then potted in waterproof epoxy. This not only protects the electronics but ensures any heat generated in the controller can easily be dissipated through the case.
Mamba Monster X 8S features Audible Alerts that will notify you, via audible chimes, of possible issues with calibrations and error conditions to help diagnose problems,
1Y 2028 4-Pole Sensored Motor
The Castle 2028 Extreme 800KV motor now has an IMPROVED 4-POLE 12-SLOT design with exceptional EFFICIENCY and produces LESS HEAT. If you need LARGE-SCALE POWER for LARGE-SCALE VEHICLES, the new BRUSHLESS SENSORED 2028-800KV motor will undoubtedly hold up to the heavy throttle and extended usage that 1/5th scale vehicles like the Losi 5IVE-T, 5IVE-B or DBXL-E encounter. It is the perfect upgrade for any 1:5 scale RC hobby vehicles (including gas to electric conversions) weighing up to 30 lbs for 2WD and 25 lbs. for 4WD. The 2028 Extreme can easily run in the 10 horsepower range*
Without a robust and reliable design, efficiency will only go so far. RC enthusiasts love pushing their equipment to the edge. The Castle engineers know this and spared no expense when developing a design that could hold up to the harsh conditions that the RC community will throw at it, resulting in a cooler running motor. A cooler motor has a longer lifetime. Construction of our motor required careful component selection, each verified through internal testing to ensure the HIGHEST EFFICIENCY possible. In the end, the result is a motor with unmatched quality, performance, and reliability. We wouldn’t put our name on anything less.
- Input Voltage Range 2S-8S LiPo
- Sensorless, Sensored and SmartSense™ Running Modes
- Powerful Integrated 8A Peak Adjustable BEC (5.25V-8.0V)
- CRYO-DRIVE™ Technology minimizes the amount of time the ESC’s electrical components spend generating heat, resulting in improved thermal performance during partial throttle operation where the majority of driving occurs
- ESC is housed in a rugged CNC aluminium case and potted in waterproof epoxy to protect the electronics and promote efficient heat transfer
- Premium forged heatsink with elliptical fins for superior airflow and increased heat dissipation
- Oversized factory equipped thermally controlled 40MM cooling fan
- Compatible with S.BUS2 Telemetry Link and Futaba T4PX and T7PX transmitters
- Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- Data logging capability to capture and record performance data from your vehicle
- Auxiliary wire functionality for "on-the-fly" adjustments using your transmitter
- Audible alerts for easy diagnosis of common issues such as motor-over-temperature and low-voltage cut-off
- Convenient transmitter programming for six common adjustable settings, including cut-off voltage and drag brake
- Easily tune and update ESC with USB and Bluetooth™ programming options
- Optional smartphone-based programming with the B-LINK™ Bluetooth Adapter (sold separately and Castle Link all available on Google Play or Apple App Store
- Proudly designed and manufactured in Olathe, KS USA and backed by Castle Creations' 1-year warranty
- 4-POLE 12-SLOT sensored design that boasts exceptional efficiency and produces less heat
- Proprietary stator winding produces low internal resistance for a cooler-running motor
- Dual sensor ports to ensure optimal installation in your large-scale vehicle
- Oversized NMB bearings and vibration dampening system ensure the longest possible bearing life
- High-strength, high-temperature grade neodymium sintered magnets combined with high-strength Kevlar wrap ensures the integrity of the rotor is not compromised during harsh running conditions and high RPMs
- Application Guidelines: 1:6th Scale vehicles weighing up to 25 lbs
- Input Voltage Range: MIN: 2S LiPo, MAX: 8S LiPo 33.6V
- Running Modes: Sensored, Sensorless and SmartSense™ when paired with a Castle 4-POLE 12-SLOT Sensored Motor.
- Brake: Proportional
- Reversible: Yes, but may be disabled for racing.
- On/Off Switch: Yes, waterproof
- Cooling Fan: Yes, factory equipped (40mm), fully removable** (see Product Use Statements below)
- Size: L x W x H 69.5mm x 54.1mm x 47mm
- Weight (with wires): 5.75 oz. (163 grams)
- Connectors type: 6.5mm female bullets for motor connection
- Items Needed for Operation: A high current connector designed for high-powered electric systems, rated for 120+ amps, such as Castle CC Bullet 6.5mm, CC Bullet 8.0mm, or 6.5mm Polarized Castle Connectors, soldered to the battery leads.
- Operating environment: Waterproof design for all weather conditions
- Telemetry Link Capable: Yes, with Castle Creations Telemetry Link for S.BUS2 and Futaba T4PX and T7PX Transmitters.
- Input Voltage Range: 3S-12S LiPo (8S MAX with this ESC/Motor Combo)
- Kv: 800
- Max. RPM: 45,000
- Size: Length: 4.4" (112.7mm)
- Diameter: 2.2" (56.3mm)
- Weight (w/wires): 44 oz. / 1.25kg
- Shaft Size: Length: 30mm, Diameter: 8mm
- Mounting Hole Specifications: 4mm@30mm
- Connectors: 6.5mm male connectors
|Mamba Monster X 8S ESC
|4-Pole Sensored 2028-800KV Motor
- Although Mamba Monster X 8S is waterproof, it is not intended for operation while completely submerged in liquid. Always rinse the ESC with clean water after exposure to corrosives or dirt. The cooling fan must be removed before driving in wet conditions. It is not waterproof.
- Applying voltages higher than 33.6V will cause irreparable damage to ESC; DO NOT RUN HV CELLS (above 4.2v/cell) WHEN RUNNING AT MAX CELL COUNT (8s). This will exceed the 33.6v rating and will damage the ESC.
|ESC (Electronic Speed Controller)
|For Motor Type:
|Can Length (mm):
|Can Diameter (mm):
|Shaft Diameter (mm):