E-Flite 500mm SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF BNF Basic RC Jet Plane
The Lockheed Martin SR-71 "Blackbird" is one of the most unique and iconic aircraft of all time. Developed in the 1960s to fly faster and higher than all other aeroplanes and missiles of the time, the SR-71 holds world records for sustained altitude (85,069 feet) and speed (2,193.2 mph (3,529.61 km/h)/Mach 3.3). With the E-flite® SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF, you can own a replica that’s scaled to be practical for more RC pilots to afford and fly! It’s compatible with popular 4S 2200mAh batteries and is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X and optional-use SAFE Select technologies to make it the easiest to fly Blackbird yet. Optional-use fixed landing gear with a steerable nose wheel makes it easy to taxi, takeoff, and land on smooth surfaces, or you can leave the gear off for more speed and vertical performance when flying over grass. Best of all, it arrives factory-finished and nearly ready to fly right out of the box to offer an authentic SR-71 flying experience you can’t get anywhere else!
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed, so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly, and fly!
This is the first SR-71 Blackbird model equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying a much larger aeroplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-levelling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch to make this an easier to fly Blackbird.
The SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF is equipped with a control unit including a receiver and ESCs that provide a variety of real-time power system-related telemetry data including overall battery voltage, current draw, and more — when using Smart and non-Smart batteries — to compatible Spektrum AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, iX12, iX14, iX20 and others) while you fly.
The factory-installed brushless power systems feature 40mm fans with high-RPM out-runner motors. This twin power system setup is designed to deliver an excellent blend of performance and flight time with popular 4S 2200mAh 30C+ batteries.
You can install the included fixed landing gear with a steerable nose wheel — featuring tyres that replicate the look of the unique aluminium-infused tyres used on the full-scale aircraft — to taxi, take off and land on smooth surfaces. Or you can leave the landing gear off for more speed and vertical performance, plus easy hand launches over and landings on grass while utilising the moulded-in finger grips and automatic Hand Launch Assist Mode.
The EPO airframe features moulded-in panel lines and other scale surface details, along with plastic-reinforced fuselage chines plus composite reinforcements in the nose and throughout, to make it extremely durable yet also lightweight. The result is an outstanding scale appearance that's easy to maintain and delivers the best possible flying experience.
The SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF arrives nearly 100% factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box! The only assembly that’s required is to snap the black vertical fins — or the additional set of red painted fins that offer improved visibility — into place. Then program and bind your 5+ channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® equipped transmitter to the factory-installed receiver, and you can be flying within minutes of taking it out of the box!
The factory-applied and fully-painted plus decal finish not only looks great but also replicates the "Habu" markings of 17958, including an optional-use decal for the nose.
- An officially-licensed* replica of the world’s fastest and highest-flying manned aircraft that offers a flying experience unlike any other model
- The most affordable, practical and easiest to fly SR-71 EDF (Electric Ducted Fan) jet model yet
- Twin 40mm fans and out-runner motors compatible with popular 4S 2200mAh 30+C batteries
- Real-time overall battery voltage, current and other telemetry data via compatible transmitters
- Spektrum™ receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading 2.4GHz DSMX® technology
- Easier to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection
- The unmatched stability and locked-in feel of exclusive AS3X® technology
- Four factory-installed servos for separate aileron, elevator, and nose gear steering control
- Take off from and land on smooth surfaces using the included landing gear plus steerable nose wheel
- Remove the landing gear and utilise the moulded-in finger grips plus automatic Hand Launch Assist Mode when flying over grass or other suitable surfaces
- Fully-moulded and extremely durable EPO airframe with plastic and composite reinforcements throughout
- Includes an extra set of optional-use, red-painted vertical fins that snap into place for improved visibility
- Almost completely factory-assembled and ready to fly right out of the box
- Factory-applied, fully-painted finish with optional-use "Habu" decal
- Wingspan: 505 mm (19.88")
- Length: 955 mm (37.6")
- Weight: 834g (29.4oz) w/ Recommended LiPo Battery
- Motor: Brushless 1820-6800Kv 6-Pole
- Material: EPO
- Completion Level: Bind N Fly
- Propulsion: Electric Ducted Fan
- Fan Size: 40mm
|E-flite® SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF
|Spektrum Linear Servos (installed)
|Spektrum Brushless Outrunner Motors (installed)
|Spektrum Control Unit with (1) Receiver and (2) Brushless ESCs (installed)
|SR-71 Blackbird Twin 40mm EDF BNF Basic Product Manual
- Full-range 5+ Channel Spektrum™ DSMX®/DSM2® Compatible Transmitter
- 4S 14.8V 2200mAh 30+C LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
- Compatible LiPo Charger
|Bind N Fly
|Max LiPo Power: