E-Flite Night Radian 2.0m BNF Basic RC Glider w/ AS3X & SAFE
Shining Even Brighter
Some fans of the first Radian® 2.0m motor glider loved it so much, they added lights to continue flying at night. The E-flite® team took note and added vividly coloured, factory-installed LEDs throughout the airframe, offering the visibility and orientation needed to fly at dusk or even in total darkness with the original Night Radian. Now they've improved the popular model again by updating it with a modern, higher-visibility trim scheme and upgrading it with a telemetry-capable ESC. Using a compatible Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitter and Smart receiver (such as the AR631 included in the Bind-N-Fly® Basic version), Night Radian 2.0m pilots can now view a variety of telemetry data in real time including motor RPM, current, overall battery voltage and more. These new capabilities make the Night Radian 2.0m an even better choice for your first or next glider — plus sport and night flying capable model too!
Smart Choice For Soaring
Like the legendary E-flite® Radian® motor gliders that came before, the Night Radian 2.0m combines the serenity of soaring with incredible sport and night flying capabilities. It also starts a new chapter in the legend by updating it with a modern trim scheme and upgrading it with a telemetry-capable ESC. Add a compatible Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitter and Smart receiver — such as the AR631 included with the Bind-N-Fly® Basic version — to view motor RPM, current, overall battery voltage and other telemetry data while you fly. High-visibility LED lights are factory-installed throughout the airframe and powered by your 3S 1300-2200mAh flight battery. They can be programmed to display 100+ different colour, sequence, and timing combinations using the built-in controller for incredible visibility and easy orientation when turned on for flying at dusk or at night. The durable, composite-reinforced EPO airframe has been kept as light as possible to deliver long flight times up to 15-30+ minutes with or without power due to the efficient brushless motor and folding prop. You can enjoy soaring and sport flying in the same flight, or climb to find thermals multiple times between battery changes — aided by the proven aerodynamics of the efficient airfoil and the gracefully curved polyhedral wing. The BNF® Basic version features exclusive AS3X® technology for smoother performance in windy and high lift conditions, plus optional-use SAFE® Select technology for even easier launches, flying and landings. It all adds up to make the E-flite® Night Radian 2.0m the perfect "next step" after a trainer, an ideal first glider, or an outstanding everyday sport model for a wide variety of pilots interested in flying day and night!
The Night Radian 2.0m is equipped with exclusive Spektrum™ AS3X® and SAFE® Select technologies. AS3X works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence to deliver a locked-in feel that makes it seem like you're flying an even larger airplane. Optional-use SAFE Select offers pitch and bank angle limits along with automatic self-levelling that can be turned on and off at the flip of a switch! And if you don't want to enable the SAFE Select features, simply bind the receiver normally and only AS3X will be active.
Embedded throughout the airframe are factory-installed LED lights that provide incredible visibility and easy orientation when flying at night. The multi-coloured light strings connect to a built-in controller that offers 100+ different colour, sequence and timing combinations, and are conveniently powered by the 3S 1300-2200mAh flight battery. You can even use the on-board switch to turn them off when flying in daylight.
The efficient, factory-installed power system features a 30-amp telemetry-capable ESC with brake, a powerful brushless outrunner motor and a folding two-blade propeller that delivers incredible climb performance and long flight times on everything from a compact 3S 1300mAh up to a 3S 2200mAh LiPo battery.
The Night Radian 2.0m is equipped with an ESC that can provide a variety of real-time power system related telemetry data including motor RPM, current, overall battery voltage and more via compatible Smart receivers (including the AR631 installed in the BNF® Basic version) and Spektrum™ AirWare™ equipped transmitters (including the DX6e and 8e, DX6 G2/G3 and 8 G2, the DX9, NX6, 8 and 10, the iX12, iX20 and others) while you fly.
No glue is required for final assembly and the Night Radian 2.0m can be ready to fly in less time than it takes to charge a battery! The two-piece, bolt-on wing featuring a carbon fibre wing tube makes field assembly/disassembly, plus transportation and storage, easy and convenient.
Construction with composite-reinforced, moulded EPO material delivers a lightweight yet durable airframe that's easy to maintain and offers the best flight experience possible.
- Updated and upgraded to include Smart and telemetry features along with a modern and higher visibility trim scheme
- Easy to launch, fly and land, making it a perfect "next step" after a trainer, first glider or everyday sport model
- Integrated high-visibility LED lights feature 100+ colour, sequence and timing combinations using built-in controller
- Long flight times up to 15-30+ minutes with a mix of power on/off flying using 3S 1300–2200mah batteries
- 30A telemetry-capable ESC provides real-time battery voltage, current, motor RPM and other data (via compatible receivers and transmitters)
- Factory-installed high-power brushless outrunner motor with an efficient folding propeller
- Spektrum™ AR631 receiver with fly-by range telemetry and industry-leading DSMX® technology
- Easy to fly with innovative and optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection)
- AS3X® technology for smoother flight performance in windy and high lift conditions
- Lightweight yet durable composite-reinforced EPO construction
- Bolt-on, two-piece wing with carbon fibre wing joiner
- Fast and easy assembly – no glue required
Already own a Spektrum™ transmitter? Bind-N-Fly (BNF) aircraft make getting into the air quickly and with the best control experience possible easier than ever. They come out of the box with the power system, servos and a Spektrum 2.4GHz receiver installed so all you need to do is bind the receiver to a compatible transmitter, finish any final assembly and fly!
This Bind-N-Fly Basic model is equipped with a Spektrum 2.4GHz DSMX® receiver featuring AS3X® (Artificial Stabilization–3-aXis) technology that works behind the scenes to smooth out the effects of wind and turbulence so you enjoy a sense of stability and precision that makes it feel like you're flying a much larger, expertly tuned aircraft.
If this is your first model of its type, or you want an extra margin of safety while familiarizing yourself with the airplane, you can enable the optional-use SAFE® Select flight envelope protection technology built into the receiver. No programming is required.
With SAFE Select enabled, you get:Pitch & Bank Angle Limits
- These envelope limits keep the airplane from rolling or pitching upside down. They also prevent excessive climb or dive angles.
- The airplane instantly returns to and holds level flight when the sticks are released and in the center position. It's also helpful for keeping the wings level during takeoffs/launches and landings.
- The simple procedure for assigning a transmitter switch to turn SAFE Select features on and off doesn't require any complex programming and takes just a few seconds. For UMX models like this one, SAFE Select is automatically assigned to channel 5 (Gear) so you can turn it on an off with any switch assigned to that channel (switch A by default on most Spektrum computer transmitters).
- Motor Type: Brushless - Outrunner
- Charger: Sold Separately
- Material: EPO
- Power Type: Electric
- Skill Level: Level 2
- Servos: Included
- Motor Size: 3533-960Kv 14-Pole
- Product Length: 44.7" (1135 mm)
- Product Weight: 29.7 oz (842g) without battery
- Approximate Assembly Time: Less than 1 hour
- Radio: Sold Separately
- Receiver: Included
- Under 250g FAA Weight Limit: No
- Speed Control: Included
- Battery: Sold Separately
- Connector Type: IC3
- Wingspan: 78.73" (2000 mm)
|E-flite® Night Radian® 2.0m||1|
|Brushless Outrunner Motor (installed)||1|
|30A Telemetry-Capable Brushless ESC (installed)||1|
|Spektrum™ AR631 6-Channel Receiver (installed)||1|
- Full-range 5+ channel Spektrum DSMX®/DSM2® compatible transmitter
- 3S 11.1V 1300–2200mAh LiPo with EC3™ or IC3® Connector
- Compatible LiPo charger